OS2.org Site Index - Feedback - Impressum
Sprachauswahl / Choose your Language News Software Hardware Projekte Forum Tipps Links Verschiedenes
Editorial Diskussion HelpDesk Umfrage
[Forum]
in nach (Erweiterte Suche)
[Forum]
( Archiv ) ( Neues Thema )
30.07.2000
Re: Nachtrag2 (von: Klaus Staedtler, 23:28:49) « ^ »
Diese Meldung bestaetigt meinen Verdacht, dass 4.04 und 4.61 nicht gut miteinander funktionieren:

Fixing Netscape 4.61 - my experience
Datum:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 13:11:39 -0600
Von:
Anonymous <nobody@newsfeeds.com>
Firma:
Newsfeeds.com http://www.newsfeeds.com 73,000+ UNCENSORED
Newsgroups.
Diskussionsforen:
comp.os.os2.bugs

Anyone reading these newsgroups has certainly run across numerous versions
of problems with Netscape. I too began to have problems, mostly crashes. I
read most of the posted suggestions and tried some of those that seemed to
pertain to my problems. Once I even reinstalled Netscape, but this did
not fix anything. One of my problems was the inability to load the email
portion without a crash. Finally I decided to reinstall Netscape, this time
from scratch. Although I saved my Bookmarks and custom dictionary, I deleted
everything (uninstalled) the whole package. I also cleaned out the default
user and my user profiles. After the install I established my user ID and
tried it out. Of course, I tried several things over the next few days, but
it did seem that this was the original stable Netscape I had seen back in
the days of vrs 4.04.
Looking back I realize that the new versions of prefs.js and libprefs.js are
much smaller and my guess is that there was a lot of 4.04 stuff that may
have gotten in the way. Anyway, Netscape is back to its old self now.
Perhaps some of you who have experienced similar frustration may want to
try what I did.
Last night I retrieved Fixpak 14 from IBM without a single dropped connection.
By the way I use RSU and although I have only been up a few hours on it, it
seems stable.
--
John Bilbro Team OS2, NMRA, NRA, AARP
Sheridan, Wyoming Lake Havasu City, Arizona

Datum Thema
07.01.2017 *

*

Name: * eMail: Benachrichtigung

Mit * markierte Felder müssen ausgefüllt werden !

( Zeige alle Einträge ) ( Zur Startübersicht )
Thema von: Leser Datum Zeit
 Schei** Software...
Alex35326.07.200015:09
 Re: Schei** Software...
Dirk B.29926.07.200015:43
 Re: Schei** Software...
Zaphod/227226.07.200016:46
 Re: Schei** Software...
Ruti26126.07.200017:41
 Re: Schei** Software...
Alex25626.07.200017:51
 Re: Schei** Software...
Andreas Schnellbacher24826.07.200019:21
 Objekt Desktop 1.52
F. Lorenz22626.07.200023:18
 Re: Objekt Desktop 1.52
Thomas Nolte20827.07.200007:17
 Re: Schei** Software...
Klaus Staedtler20927.07.200009:15
 Re: Schei** Software...
Alex16527.07.200019:57
 Re: Schei** Software...
Klaus Staedtler15627.07.200020:52
 Nachtrag
Klaus Staedtler14827.07.200021:31
 Re: Nachtrag
Alex14827.07.200022:14
 Ergänzung
E. Roch12128.07.200019:48
 Re: Nachtrag
Klaus Staedtler11628.07.200021:28
 Re: Nachtrag2
Klaus Staedtler10730.07.200023:28
 Re: Nachtrag2
Alex9301.08.200017:44

php.net OpenIT © 1998-2017 by WebTeam OS2.org