OS2.org Site Index - Feedback - Impressum
Sprachauswahl / Choose your Language News Software Hardware Projekte Forum Tipps Links Verschiedenes
Editorial Diskussion HelpDesk Umfrage
[Forum]
in nach
[Forum]

Ältere Umfragen befinden sich im Archiv

128bit SSL für Netscape

Ihr Kommentar

128bit sollte selbsverständlich sein
(1306)

Es wäre schon, wenn man nicht noch ein Extra-Tool für die Verschlüsselung bräuchte.
(1305)

I only use OS/2 and do use some sites that require higher encription than the US export version so I do use Fortify, but would be usefull to have the 128 bit Netscape.
(1304)

Fortify is fine so long as they keep shipping it :-(

Bill Scarlett
(1303)

habe NS 4.61 schon längst "verstärkt"
(1302)

Contact IBM about this.
(1301)

Netscape for OS/2 must stay current with releases for other platforms.
(1300)

I suspect it will be necessary for us to deal with banks and tax dept.

(1299)

Since IBM took responsibility for delivering Netscape Communicator for OS/2, IBM should live up to that responsibility by providing upgrades and new releases at no charge. Of course, this would include providing a 128 bit version for users outside of the United States and Canada.
(1298)

As long as I have 128b I do not care where to get it.
It should be standard, out of political issues, however.
(1297)

According to the Fortify site, it allows 128bit on any site while Netscape 128 is restricted to financial institutions etc.
(1296)

Das US-Militaär/die Regierung verwenden meines Wissens eh nur 42Bit Schlüssel. Die haben nur Angst, sie könnten unsere Datenströme nicht mehr lesen und so die Kontrolle verlieren. Soviel zu Meinungsfreiheit in westlichen Staaten...
(1295)

I would prefer that 128-bit versions could be downloaded by everyone.
(1294)

Please!
(1293)

The U. S. version has 128 bit encryption. It should now be legal every where.

clingo@isp800.com
(1292)

Netscape should be secure out of the box.
I am currently using fortify.
(1291)

Try http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/asd-bin/doc/en_us/catalog.htm. It looks like the export restriction on the 128 bit version has been lifted.

(1290)

128bit SSL should be the expected standard, not the exception.
(1289)

why not?
(1288)

use the 128 bit version avail on software choice .... duh
(1287)

Fortify may be nice, but there's no german version for OS2 (well, I'm not sure if it might be of any use...). As a newcomer in the field of encryption, I would prefer Netscape to do it by itself instead ofbeing forced to understand everything there is about 128bit encryption (I'd really like to understand that stuff, but it seems too hard for me).
(1286)

Hmm... I'm not sure about this question. fortify.net reports that I already have 128 bit, RC2 and RC4. It also has 168 bit triple DES. What's the question about? Non-US versions?

(1285)

Overseas users should now be able to download the strong-encryption version without further delay.
(1284)

Show some COMMITMENT, Netscape/AOL!
(1283)

Why can't someone take over the excellent
IBM WebbExplorer and bring it upto latest
standard ... far better than netscape ever
was/is.
(1282)

I am in the US, so I think the version I have IS the 128bit SSL version, but I could only download it from my home site, not my corporate site due to authentication problems. Making the fully secured version available as a general practice without all of the authentication rigamoral would be very helpful even here in the US.
(1281)

I was surprised to find that IBMs site didn't bounce me when I tried to DownLoad the "full capacity"-version of comm4.61 last night.
(1280)

Beginning with version 4.04, 128 bit encryption version has been a download option. So what is the issue?
(1279)

I would like to have the128-bit encryption with 4.6.1+ versions for OS/2
(1278)

Fortify ginge zwar auch, aber es ist halt bequemer
(1277)

i used fortify...
(1276)

Can we please have Netscape as close as possible to the Windows version. If you can provide an alternative to RealPlayer for OS/2, it would also be worth paying for.
(1275)

IBM should add itself 128bit strong encryption to the browser.
(1274)

Fortify is fine if you ask me, but it's just more convenient to ship it with the standard version. Of course, I don't think I really need it (which servers suppoort 128-bit encryption in Europe?), but it's nice to know it acn be used when the opportunity arises.
(1273)

Fortify version is cleaner than the NS version
(1272)

I would prefer that the 128 Bit encryption is shipped with the standard edition, but using Fortify is also ok. The most important thing is that you can have strong encryption at all. If it is shipped, it's just more convenient.
(1271)

what is fortify?
(1270)

Why should not any OS have the same possibility
(1269)

Ohne 128-Bit Verschlüsselung wäre Online-Banking gar nicht möglich.
Fortify hat mir bis jetzt immer gerreicht.

Gruss/2, Ihsan (gumbo@netlabs.org)
(1268)

Gee, when I ordered the secure version CD from IBM, I thought I got 128-bit encryption. Oh my tell me it's so....
(1267)

128 BIT SUPPORT IS MANDITORY NOW ADAYS USING BROWSERS FOR SECURITY.
(1266)

WIth everything being so 'secure' it's almost inevitable any more to have it. Especially for accessing work web pages.
(1265)

php.net OpenIT © 1998-2017 by WebTeam OS2.org