Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:46:47 -0000

From: "Wilbert James Williams"

Subject: Re: realplayer as a Firefox helper

These are 2 old RPx concerns that have been hashed
over in the past with no resolve. So I can say that
you have officially joined the ODIN RP8 user club, you
appear to have RP8 running as expected.

(1) this single instance situation occurs under all
OS2 Netscape\Zilla browsers going all the way back to
NetScape 4.61 .

I think that it is more of a browser concern than an ODIN concern, because if you associate RealPlayer to certain file types (ra ram rm mp3) directly under OS2 and individually select them, they will play nicely under one instance of RealPlay.CMD and OS2 will not try to call ODIN to startup multiple RP8 instances.

(2) When you first startup RP8, its icon will properly appear in the WarpCenter (Task Switcher). At this point you can Minimize and Maximize RP8 normally like any
other OS2 application.

But, as soon as you run anything under RP8, the icon immediately disappears from the
Task Switcher and is lost for the duration of the RP8 instance. This situation was deemed to be more of an OS2 anomaly outside ODINs realm of control.

RP8 is not the only Win32 application that will function in this manner in relation to this disappearing Task Switcher icon.

JW

--- In odinusers@yahoogroups.com, "bolton01740" wrote:

> I've got realplayer set up as a helper application under Firefox.
> I'm just wondering if I've got everything set up right. Seems to be
> working pretty well as a standalone and as helper. I have two
> questions on how RP8 works as a helper
>
> My cmd file is:

> @echo off
> j:
> cd "\program files\real\rp8"
> pe "j:\program files\real\rp8\realplay.exe" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
>
> 1. If I open one url (straming audio), RP starts up, and runs. But,
> if I start a second one, it trys to open a second instance of PE RP8
> and fails. Is this normal. Is there a way to get the one thats open
> to switch to the new url?

> 2. If I minimize Realplayer, is there a way to bring it back? Ctrl
> Esc does not bring it up on the Window List.
> John Basel
[ Leser: 83 ]

Datum Thema
09.01.2017 *

*

Name: * eMail: Benachrichtigung

Mit * markierte Felder müssen ausgefüllt werden !

( Zeige alle Einträge ) ( Zur Startübersicht )
Thema von: Leser Datum Zeit
 Zum Verschwinden von Icons bei Win32-Anwendungen unter ODIN
GA8315.03.200411:48

php.net OpenIT © 1998-2017 by WebTeam OS2.org