|Site Index - Feedback - Imprint|
|( Archive )||( Add News )|
|OS2.org News (www.OS2.org): 11/03/2014|
|PMMaps with GPS receiver support (from Eugene Gorbunoff)|
PMMaps application supports USB GPS now!
You can use use eCS (OS/2 Warp) in the car
(searching the route) or when walking in the forest.
General advantage of PMMaps/2 is the support of several sources.
You can switch view to other sources: Google maps, Yandex maps, Bing,
Navteq, OSM, Here (was Nokia), and many other (18 sources or more!)
All data is cached. You can cache maps while sitting in internet cafe
and later find the way using cached data
(if no internet connection).
Don\'t forget secure the laptop
* Update eCo Software runtime -- http://ecomstation.ru/runtime
* Download and Install PMMaps -- http://ecomstation.ru/maps
* Setup GPS receiver (homepage -> Hardware)
* If you like the project then register and buy sponsor unit -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/maps/?action=buy
* Significant changes and updates -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/maps/?action=history
The location of eCS computer is marked with orange pointer
|All * marked fields have to be filled !|