|Site Index - Feedback - Imprint|
|( Archive )||( Add News )|
|OS2.org News (www.OS2.org): 12/07/2008|
|ACPI 3.10 is available (from Eugene Gorbunoff)|
|A) Fresh news: We get more reports that eComStation works fine on 8 cores.
B) Why to install ACPI for eComStation?
You should install ACPI for eComStation to:
Common (Notebooks, servers, barebones):
* to initialize PC (the devices are not initialized on boot without ACPI),
* to use multi-core CPU (Core Duo, AMD X2). Especially, if you want run computer in APIC mode,
* device drivers for eComStation depend on ACPI,
* ACPI provides information about the computer to drivers, applications and system information utilities.
* to manage power management (suspend/resume/poweroff)
* to reduce power consumption
* The main purpose of the driver is to provide ACPI interface to applied developers.
The rules changed:
ACPI tracker -- http://svn.netlabs.org/acpi/report/1 -> [New ticket]
Register to Login -- http://www.netlabs.org/site/member/
don\'t use short name&password, save your password
D) How to contribute to ACPI project?
|All * marked fields have to be filled !|