DFSee version 11.0 has been released today, a MAJOR release!
Supports file-recovery of quick-formatted JFS filesystems,
access to the complete RAW disk size (partial cylinder at end),
and has sort capabilities on file and some other dialogs.
Includes many other enhancements and fixes!
DFSee is a very powerful disk-utility with disk partitioning,
filesystem and disk analysis, some file recovery and UNDELETE
and smart imaging or cloning of partitions or complete disks.
More details at:
Direct download links from the DFSee website:
Or from the HOBBES website:
or (after processing):
Like any other major release, this is a PAID upgrade
from version 10.x, or from older versions.
However, ALL keys sold since July 2011 are VALID 11.x keys!
So if you bought a version 10.x, or upgraded to 10.x AFTER
the 1st of july 2011, you do NOT need another upgrade now.
Functional changes since 10.9
- CR -Y:n sets prefered entry for new EBR extended containers
- CR -X:n sets prefered entry for new MBR extended container
- CR default MBR entry 3 (last) slot for new extended container
- CREATE dlg prefered table entry for partition, MBR and EBR
- Disksize shown including partial last cylinder whenever possible
- EXPORT include FS specific command pragma line in export file
- FAT sync warning text update to use FATSIM+FATWRIM as a combo
- FDISK menu ’Set base to Freespace area’ for easy (edit) access
- FILE dialog Added sort-indicators on file/dir lists in dialog
- FILE dialog Support sorting in file dialog DIR/FILE windows
- FILE dialog Sort on Volume popup window using Ctrl-F1..Ctrl-F9
- File recovery, ignore errors on searching from menu (optional)
- GENPART, generate -X and -Y options on all logical partitions
- GEO fixed recalculate cylinders when H/S changes (broken in ver10.9)
- GEO forced Always overrule existing geo when forced is set (virtual)
- GEO source Ignore PT if sect/track larger than 63 (OS/2 huge disk)
- GEO traces More information on geo calculation in trace output
- IMAGE command Fix for used buffersize > 64Kb with 4096 byte sectors
- IMPORT automatic FS specific command execute, like IRS for JFS
- JFS IRS command sets Inode Recovery Signature, after (quick) format
- JFS menu ’Find ANY after FORMAT’ find any INODES after quick format
- JFS ’IRS 0’ sets recovery signature wildcard, find any possible INODES
- JFS/HPFS BPB-letter shown in partition detailed view (letter/data)
- JFS/HPFS PPB versus LVM driveletter mismatch warning when bootable
- MBR recognize Plop Boot Manager code on MBR-sector display
- Make sure DFSDISK/DFSCHECK scripts run in batch mode (no popups)
- NTFS automatically recognized in a type 0x12 recovery partition
- NTFS MFT-seq number to a few NTFS related error messages in CHECK
- NTFS better reporting of bad fixup structures on NTFS system structures
- NTFS various display and analysis fixes to support 4Kb sector sizes
- OS-X HFS+ partition type 0xAF added to partition type displays
- OS2 buffer Maximum buffer size phys disk I/O set to 127 (< 64Kb)
- PART ERROR active-extended changed to WARNING, and removed fix hint
- PART fixed incorrect assigning of IBM BMGR labels (Linux EBR sectors)
- RECOVER count BAD_STRUCTURE errors as failures on file recovery
- Sort Partitions on various partition lists using Ctrl-F1..Ctrl-F9
- Sort Volumes on various volume lists using Ctrl-F1..Ctrl-F9
DFSee Home: www.dfsee.com; Jan van Wijk; Author of DFSee - firstname.lastname@example.org