OS2.org Site Index - Feedback - Impressum
Sprachauswahl / Choose your Language News Software Hardware Projects Forum Tips Links Variety
Editorial Survey Discussion HelpDesk
[Forum]
search in for (Extended search)
[Forum]
( Archive ) ( New Topic )

( Show the thread view ) ( Goto Startview )
PassPhrase for WPA? (from BigWarpGuy, 23:27:54) ^
I have a D-Link WBR1310 wireless router. To setup WPA, it asks for a 'passphrase'. At the risk of sounding dumb, what is a 'passphrase'? Is it a phrase used as a password? Is it something else?
[ readers: 74 ]

Re: PassPhrase for WPA? (from Ingo, 13:27:27)
seems they mean 'password'.

Usually it is set to something very simple by default in factory and should be mentioned somewhere in the manual.

Regards,
Ingo

Re: PassPhrase for WPA? (from BigWarpGuy, 21:01:36)
Thank you for the information. The printed manual is small but there is one on the cdrom that is more detailed. Thank you for the reply.

Re: PassPhrase for WPA? (from Ingo, 22:02:42)
Me just came up:

some routers also have a sticker on it where such information (default settings) is given, like

Preshared Key (may be they name it pass phrase)
or SSID

But as far as I remember, OS/2 does not support WPA/WPA2, only the (no longer considered safe) WEP encryption.

Ingo

Re: PassPhrase for WPA? (from BigWarpGuy, 13:51:31)
There was mention of WPA/WPA2 at the WarpStock Windsor lecture on Wifi. I will check with the site; they have a forum at http://www.warpstock.org . Thank you for the information.

Re: PassPhrase for WPA? (from BigWarpGuy, 00:47:18)
I set it. Thanks for the information. My wireless network is now secure (I hope :) ).

( Show the thread view ) [ Version for printing ] ( Goto Startview )

date topic
06/01/2017 *

Name: * eMail: notify

All * marked fields have to be filled !

php.net OpenIT" © 1998-2017 by WebTeam OS2.org