OS2.org Site Index - Feedback - Impressum
Sprachauswahl / Choose your Language News Software Hardware Projects Forum Tips Links Variety
Editorial Survey Discussion HelpDesk
[Forum]
search in for (Extended search)
[Forum]
( Archive ) ( New Topic )

( Show the thread view ) ( Goto Startview )
Installing a PCMCIA-NIC card (Xircon) on OS/2 Warp 4 (from Dmark, 03:17:23) ^
Hello; Just few days ago I decided to install OS/2 Warp 4 on a Thinkpad 770 Notebook to play around and have some fun.
There's now the following obstacle getting at me since I cannot proceed according to my intuition of configuring and handling and after reading through some installation instructions.

I have a Xircom Realport CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 I'd like to have it work in my notebook and haven't succeed so far.

I first downloaded and installed the "PC Card Director" directly from IBM/Lenovo's site and it was only after I read in an instruction for Xircom card found on the web that "...in order to install the RealPort Integrated PC Card driver in OS/2, OS/2's Card and Socket Services must be disabled. Follow IBM's instructions for disabling Card and Socket Services."

- My question is, did the 'Card and Socket Services' got installed by installing this 'PC Card Director' and if yes how do I disable it? I didn't find anything tangible in the OS/2's System Setup, nor was I any lucky in finding some positive results while googling for how to disable it and neither was it to be found on IBM's website.
Can anyone help me out please? I'm really not keen in installing OS/2 from scratch again...

- Once this step is down, what tool will be indicating that there's actually a 'Xircom' card installed and how can I activate the card, test the card on its connectivity ability, like doing a ping, 'ipconfig', etc?

As for the installation instructions, I got it from http://support2.jp.dell.com/docs/NETWORK/5606d/inswos2.htm though I did not do the ODI part as I don't need any Novell stuff.

Any help regarding how to make my Xircom card work will be greatly appreciated.
[ readers: 83 ]

[Expired] (from -, 23:43:07)
Cleanup of old messages without answers.

( Show the thread view ) [ Version for printing ] ( Goto Startview )

date topic
06/01/2017 *

Name: * eMail: notify

All * marked fields have to be filled !

php.net OpenIT" © 1998-2017 by WebTeam OS2.org